You’re doing something right! You’re ready to ride the winding roads along Arizona’s canyons, lakes, and mountains. But you want to make sure you’ve got your insurance coverages lined up so that you can enjoy the ride without the worries. Well, here’s what you should know about Arizona motorcycle insurance. Enjoy the ride!
What Is Motorcycle Insurance?
Motorcycle insurance is a type of coverage that helps to protect you and your motorcycle in the event of an accident, theft, or other loss. Motorcycle insurance is available in Scottsdale, Arizona and across the U.S., and can help ensure that you have adequate protection while out on the open road. These policies typically cover liability, collision and comprehensive insurance coverage which can help to protect you financially should an accident or other loss occur. Insurance also covers medical expenses for injuries that result from accidents, as well as providing a death benefit in the event of a fatal crash.
What Is The Mandatory Insurance Requirement In Arizona for Motorcycles ?
In Arizona, Motorcycle insurance is mandatory. Just like with auto insurance, we recommend our clients get more than the minimum coverage. The additional cost is nearly negligable compared to the increased coverage and benefits should you need it. And that's even more so with motorcycles. That said, mtorcycle owners must have liability and bodily injury coverage. Motorcycles must also be covered with a minimum property damage liability coverage, in addition to collision and comprehensive coverage if the Motorcycle is financed. Motorcyclists are also required to have uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage in Arizona. Keep in mind, these are just the minimum limits.
What Is The Benefit Of Motorcycle Insurance?
While this coverage is mandatory, there are real benefits to carrying the proper coverage, including:
- Helps to protect you financially in the event of an accident, theft, or other loss.
- Covers liability, collision and comprehensive coverage which can help to protect you and your motorcycle from unexpected events.
- Covers medical expenses for injuries that result from accidents, as well as providing a death benefit in the event of a fatal crash.
Is AZ A No Fault State?
No, Arizona is not a no-fault state -- how many negatives is that in one sentence! So, motorists are responsible for any damages or related to an accident and can pursue legal action against the other driver. However, it is important to have Motorcycle insurance in Arizona as it provides coverage for damages and medical expenses in the event of an accident. Motorcyclists are also required to have uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage in Arizona.
What Can Lower Motorcycle Insurance?
We know you don’t love paying insurance premiums. But there are ways to minimize your insurance costs, including the following:
- Taking a Motorcycle safety course may help to lower the cost of Motorcycle insurance.
- Installing anti-theft devices such as locks, alarms, and tracking systems can also help to lower Motorcycle insurance premiums.
- Working with a trusted insurance advisor who can provide different Motorcycle Insurance providers and help you find the best coverage at the best price.
Still Have Questions About Motorcycle Insurance In Arizona?
When you're cruising Arizona’s beautiful highways and desert parks, you don’t need any worries restricting your freedom. Work with our team to get the right motorcycle insurance at the right price. Then go out and enjoy that bike the way you intended.